Top 25 Beers of 2012: 5-1
Over the course of 2012, I reviewed 221 different beers. As this year comes to a close, I thought I would look back at my reviews and tell you what I thought were the top-25 of the year — and, I’ve also picked five honorable mentions. This list will be posted over the span of five days, ending on January 1, 2013. Each day will feature an honorable mention, in addition to five beers on the list.
A little about how I picked the list: I didn’t go off my numerical point scale — instead, I chose this list by narrowing down all my 2012 reviews to around 40 memorable beers. By memorable, I mean beers that make me take notice and want to make repeated return visits. From that list of 40, I pared it down to 25, ordered them, and then picked the honorable mentions.
Top 25 Beers of 2012 (that I reviewed) — 5-1:
5. Founders Curmudgeon’s Better Half, 99 points. Reviewed August 18th.
4. Sixpoint The Crisp Pilsner, 96 points. Reviewed October 19th.
3. Stone Ruination 10th Anniversary IPA, 98 points. Reviewed July 10th.
2. Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout), 100 points. Reviewed August 14th.
1. Bell’s Hopslam, 100 points. Reviewed February 7th.
Dogfish Head Noble Rot, 87 points. Reviewed June 3rd.